Friday, November 20, 2009

A Day of Firsts and Watching God's Hand at Work . . .

I just can't tell you how evident God's working has been in my life and that of my family's this week.  I really think God touched my body in some miraculous way last Saturday at the MIT prayer rally.  I have felt better this week than I have in ages.  And yesterday I did something I haven't done in a few months.  I actually drove to Sherman.  I had to go to the cancer center to pick up my pain patches.  Everything went fine until I was driving south, out of Gunter, on my way home.  The car began making a knocking sound and I looked in the rear view mirrors to see if I could see anything, and about that time, the car began to bounce.  I had a flat tire.  I eased off the gas and coasted to the shoulder.  But when I got out of the car, I found that I hadn't just had a flat tire, I had had a blow out!  The tire blew straight out the side and it was smoking!  God's angels had spared my experiencing a blow out that could have caused me to wreck the car!

I stood there on the shoulder of Hwy 289, calling Doug at the school, when a red pick-up pulled up behind me.  A young man got out, and said, "Do you need some help, Ma'm?"

"I'm calling my husband.  He works up at the high school."

"Well, if it isn't Mrs. Pevehouse!

Do I know this guy?  He must be safe if he knows my name.  And he's so young.


"Mrs. Pevehouse, I'm Dylan's youth leader."

Now I know you.  "Hi, Nick!"  He walked over to me and hugged me as I was saying, "You're my angel!!!"

Doug, in the meantime, told me that I had called at the worst possible time, but if there was someone there to help me  . . . .   Poor Doug.  I scared him to death when he found out that I had driven to Sherman!  "Why didn't you tell me you were going to Sherman?!"  Because I knew you'd tell me no; don't go to Sherman by yourself!"

Anyway, Nick changed the flat.  He put the do-nut on and I went on to pick Trent up from school and the rest of the day was uneventful.

Then yesterday afternoon/early evening, my friend, Tamy, the one I'd gone to the movies with on Monday night, called and she had so been looking forward to going to see New Moon, the new vampire movie.  She had bought premier tickets for 12:01 a.m. this morning about a month ago.  Well, she informed me, she was going to have to go all by herself.  Now I'm not a Twilight fan, but like I told Tamy, she is my friend and I did not want her to have to go by herself and stand or sit by who knows who.  So for the first time in my life, I went to a movie showing at midnight!  And if that wasn't enough, Tamy taught me how to text while we were sitting in the theater waiting for midnight to roll around!

We didn't get home until 3:00 this morning (and Doug was getting up to start his day), but it was worth it!  I feel like I'm in the know a little more with my chldren's generation.  I'm a "lucky duck" because I got to go see New Moon, and my daughter is so proud of me for learning to text!  All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good day!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Im looking forward to seeing New Moon as soon a the girls get here from college and my granddaughter is over probably no later than tomorrow, hehe I read all four books, they are addicting and who would have thought VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLFS not me but I loved them haha

    ReplyDelete