Saturday, November 7, 2009

Obedience . . . That's What Matters

I started a blog a couple of years ago, and then deleted it. I'm too old to "blog." But the Lord has been prodding me about journaling the past few years. And I haven't been obedient. But this morning I went to First Baptist, Celina, to hear a sweet lady give her testimony and she said that blogging basically saved her sanity. She, too, has never been good at journaling, but the blog gives her a place to chronicle her journey with small-gut disease. During her talk, the Lord told me that I needed to go back to blogging. And it doesn't matter if anyone reads it, but I'm going to be obedient this time. I would like to leave a journal that my kids can pick up and read later on. I want them to know that I have bad days as well as good days, but through it all, God is faithful, and that's the message I want to leave with them after I'm gone. So if you'd like to come along with me on this "journey," you're welcome. If you have any tips for me, feel free to leave them. But don't be critical of me . . . let me be me. I want this blog to be a place where I can be real.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, you are such an inspiration to me. When I read your words they are so uplifting! I dont know how to blog or if I can even get a comment to you but if I do, God Bless you! You are an amazing woman and I love You!

    ReplyDelete