Friday, November 13, 2009

Let the Healing Begin

As I shared in responding to Vicki's comment to last night's post, God revealed Himself to me this morning.  I've secretly blamed Doug as being the reason that God hasn't shown up in our financial difficulties.  John 14:21 says, " Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show [reveal] myself to him."  I was so certain that the reason God hasn't revealed Himself to us in our finances, is because Doug hasn't been faithful about tithing out of his check.  However, God showed me that my attitude and lack of respect for my husband has been disgusting and disgraceful.  I have secretly harbored the idea that my disability check is my money and Doug's checks are our money.  And I've been so faithful that I even take my tithe out in cash to give at church.  (Doesn't that attitude just stink?!)  The Lord let me know that just maybe the reason we have never seemed to get it together financially is because I have never respected my husband the way God expects me to.  So Lord, thank You for speaking to me, and I know that on my own, that is in my flesh, I cannot respect Doug.  So I ask You to take over and I will be obedient and allow Doug to take my check to the bank, keep the tithe out [whether it's in cash or by check], and pay bills as he sees fit [and not expect to have mad money to do with as I please].  Lord, I love You, and thank You again for drawing more dross out of this filthy-rag body.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment